The arrival of new technologies every now and then compels us to understand the most in demand programming languages for the business to build profitable solutions. Here’s the list for top 10 programming languages to learn in 2019 –
2. Swift– Swift has entered into the list of top trending programming languages for the year 2019 with a steep rise in its popularity. Swift is a relatively new programming language used to develop iOS and macOS applications. The programming language is faster, easy to learn, secure, and has various other features that make Swift supersedes languages like Objective-C for developing apps for iPhones, iPads, and macOS. For the people who want to get into IOS mobile development, Swift is a good place to start. Developers use Swift to build powerful, high-performance, native iOS, macOS and Linux apps. Swift is intended to be a faster, more streamlined and easier to debug than its predecessor Objective-C.
3. Java– Java, a general-purpose language, has been a mainstay in the world of computer programming for more than 20 years. The key to its popularity has been its “write once, run anywhere” philosophy. It’s powerful JVM (Java Virtual Machine) which makes it cross-platform compatible. It is mainly used for developing Android-based mobility solutions. But, it is also considered by Enterprise app development companies because of its impressive features like ease of use, enhanced performance, higher productivity, improved polyglot programming, etc. Java is also the basis for the Android operating system and the most common language for developing Android apps. Thanks to its versatility and ubiquity.
– Java, a general-purpose language, has been a mainstay in the world of computer programming for more than 20 years. The key to its popularity has been its “write once, run anywhere” philosophy. It’s powerful JVM (Java Virtual Machine) which makes it cross-platform compatible. It is mainly used for developing Android-based mobility solutions. But, it is also considered by Enterprise app development companies because of its impressive features like ease of use, enhanced performance, higher productivity, improved polyglot programming, etc. Java is also the basis for the Android operating system and the most common language for developing Android apps. Thanks to its versatility and ubiquity.
4. C/C++ – C, also called the backbone of the software world, is still one of the top programming languages. It gives deeper insights into how software actually functions on machines and thus, is used for building embedded systems and VR-based apps. Besides, it delivers high-end performance, reliability, and variety of context: making it the first choice of reputed brands including Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, and PayPal.
C remains a popular choice for building specialized high-performance applications. C is the basis for the Linux operating system and is frequently used for programming embedded systems.
One of the most direct successors of C is the C++ programming language. C++ builds on C, which gives it many of the same advantages, but C++ is an object-oriented language and therefore is a better option when developing higher-level applications. C++ is a particularly popular choice for computer graphics, video games and virtual reality. C++ is a highly efficient and flexible language. It has remained in high demand due to high performance, reliability, and variety of contexts you can use it in. Microsoft Windows and Google Chrome are the two of the most well-known projects created with C++, and indeed most of Amazon’s website are written in C++.
5. Python– Python, which received the recognition of ‘Programming Language Hall of Fame’ by TIOBE Index last year, has also proven to be one of the future proof programming languages with no sign of disappearing. Python is perhaps the most user-friendly programming language. The language is used for creating scalable web solutions due to its characteristics such as easy-to-use, fast and easy-to-deploy, which made it the right tech stack for YouTube, Survey Monkey, and Pinterest. Besides, it is also considered a prime choice for the sophisticated deep learning and machine learning app development processes.
If you’re interested in back-end web development, for example, then the open-source Django framework, written in Python, is popular, easy to learn and feature-rich. Django has been used in the development of some popular sites like Mozilla, Instagram and Spotify. Python also has packages such as NumPy and SciPy that are commonly used in the fields of scientific computing, mathematics and engineering. Other Python libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn and OpenCV are used to build programs in data science, machine learning, image processing and computer vision. Python’s science and data applications make it a great choice for the academically inclined.
7. Ruby– Ruby is another scripting language that’s commonly used for web development. In particular, it’s used as the basis for the popular Ruby on Rails web application framework. Beginners often gravitate to Ruby because it has a reputation for having one of the friendliest and most helpful user communities. In addition to the active community and its straightforward syntax, Ruby is also a good language to pick up thanks to its association with great tech businesses. Twitter, Airbnb, Bloomberg, Shopify and countless other startups have all built their websites using Ruby on Rails at some point.
8. C#– C# is a general-purpose, object-oriented language built on the foundations of C. It was originally designed by Microsoft as part of its .NET framework for building Windows applications. C# is the prominent programming language for building applications native to Microsoft platforms. C# uses a syntax that’s similar to other C Derived languages such as C++, so it’s easy to pick up if you’re coming from another language in the C family. Especially for ones interested in VR development should consider learning C#. C# is the recommended language for building 3D and 2D video games using the popular Unity game engine, which produces one-third of the top games on the market.
9. Rust– It’s a new system-level programming language which is developer’s most loved language. Rust language originally developed by Mozilla Foundation and it operates as a low-level language, suited for performance critical code. Rust is created with the purpose of avoiding the dangling pointers, buffer overflows or any other kind of memory errors. The advantages of Rust mean that other big tech companies, such as Dropbox and Coursera, are already starting to use it internally. While it may be a bit more difficult to master than other beginner languages, Rust programming skills are likely to pay off handsomely as the language’s popularity will only continue to rise in the near future.
10. Kotlin– Kotlin language is originally developed by Jet Brains. It is fully inter operable with Java and comes with no limitations. It can be used almost everywhere Java is used today: for server-side development, Android Apps, and much more. Android developer has also been using Kotlin language from some time and loved the most. In 2017 Google announced that, Kotlin is now the official language for Android development. Kotlin works great with all existing Java libraries and frameworks and runs with same level of performance as with Java.
Visit Us – https://www.techasoft.com